Call for Expressions of Interest
Tourism Nova Scotia is seeking Expressions of Interest for current and future openings on its Board of Directors.
- Are you looking for an opportunity to have a positive impact on businesses and Nova Scotians from one end of the province to the other?
- Are you a proud Nova Scotia resident with an understanding of our competitive advantages and challenges as a travel destination?
- Do you have expertise or experience in marketing, human resources, finance, law or tourism that could help guide Tourism Nova Scotia in achieving its mandate to grow tourism in Nova Scotia and maximize the value of tourism to Nova Scotia’s economy?
If so, we would like to hear from you.
Before submitting an application, please consider the following:
- Do you meet the criteria and competencies listed in the TNS Board of Directors Competency Profile?
- Do any of the circumstances listed in the Tourism Nova Scotia Act, Section 3.2 apply to you? If so, you are not eligible to apply for an appointment to the Tourism Nova Scotia Board.
Nova Scotia’s tourism industry has an aggressive goal to double annual tourism revenues to $4 billion by 2024. Tourism Nova Scotia’s role in attracting first-time visitors to the province through destination marketing and sector development initiatives is critical to reaching this goal.
Tourism Nova Scotia’s Board of Directors consists of ten business leaders and tourism experts from across the province. Directors are elected to the Board based on a nomination process. Potential candidates will be screened, interviewed and selected on the basis of merit, given the Board’s need for particular skills, experience and qualifications. The TNS Board are seeking applicants who meet the criteria, skills and competencies desired and will in turn provide a slate of candidates nominated for appointment to the Minister. Final approval for board appointment falls under the authority of the Minister responsible for Tourism Nova Scotia.
Expressions of interest, in the form of a letter with a full CV attached, can be e-mailed to Sue Salsman, EA to the CEO & Corporate Board Secretary, at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail:
Tourism Nova Scotia
PO Bo 667
Thank you for your interest.