If You Only Knew
Tourism Nova Scotia’s 2018 marketing campaign is aimed at attracting first-time visitors from key markets in North America, the UK and Germany.
The 2018 “If You Only Knew” campaign, builds on a successful 2017 campaign that contributed to a record-breaking year for Nova Scotia’s tourism industry. The campaign uses captivating images to help potential visitors visualize what they can do on a vacation to Nova Scotia by contrasting well-known aspects of the province, like whale watching, with lesser known aspects like wineries.
“Last year’s campaign did an excellent job of increasing awareness of Nova Scotia and building foundational interest in the province,” said Michele Saran, CEO of Tourism Nova Scotia. “This year’s campaign builds on that awareness to showcase the kinds of world-class experiences Nova Scotia offers to travellers.”
“As marketers, we strive to stay ahead of the curve and explore innovative ways to reach our target travellers,” said Joann Fitzgerald, Chief Marketing Officer, Tourism Nova Scotia. “This year we’re excited to be the first destination marketing organization to participate in Google’s Director’s Mix program which serves six-second videos to YouTube viewers that respond to their location, weather conditions or the day of the week, and offer a reason to visit Nova Scotia.”
The North American campaign will run in Ontario, Quebec and Northeastern United States, beginning in March and running into September. Search Engine Marketing (SEM) and social media campaigns will run on an on-going basis. Tourism Nova Scotia partnered with Halifax International Airport Authority and airline carriers to promote awareness of Nova Scotia and air routes in Germany and the UK.
The campaign includes television ads, digital banner ads and videos, impactful out-of-home billboards in high-traffic locations in Toronto and social media tactics that feature video created with local operators.
- Director’s Mix YouTube videos.
- Tourism Nova Scotia has teamed up with Trip Advisor to create a specialized page featuring Nova Scotia.
- Three 30-second ads will run in Ontario, Quebec and Northeastern United States.
- Targeted 15-second digital ads will run across a number of platforms, now including Amazon channels.
- New this year, Tourism Nova Scotia is partnering with Radio Canada’s popular Les Chefs! program to reach our key market of Quebec through broadcast and digital sponsorship and program integration, including an episode dedicated to Nova Scotia seafood products.
- Out-of-Home advertising will be used in high-traffic areas in Toronto, Ontario
- Tourism Nova Scotia partnered with Halifax International Airport Authority and airline carriers to promote awareness of Nova Scotia and air routes in Germany and the UK.