To qualify as a travel package on NovaScotia.com your package must include at least two of the following:
- tickets to events or attractions
- guided tours
- activity or experience, such as music instruction, culinary or wine tasting, storytelling, painting, writing, photography, spa services, golf... the list is endless!
In addition, package descriptions must include:
- What is included in the package (i.e. number of days/nights, number of meals, number of tickets/admissions, etc.) and what is not included (such as taxes and gratuities);
- The names and websites (if available) of the partner businesses who are providing products and/or services (i.e. the accommodation, restaurant, tour operator, etc.);
- A package price, stated per person, per couple or per family (include size of family) and, for accommodation providers, identify whether it is based on single, double or family occupancy (include size of family);
- The cancellation and refund policy;
- Pictures that show the package theme, rather than business logos or general Nova Scotia scenery;
- One point of purchase for the guest to book all components of the package (the point of purchase business/organization must book the other components on behalf of the guest);
- If the package requires a minimum number of guests to be offered. In this situation, the date at which the package will be cancelled if the minimum quantity are not sold must be stated;
- The dates during which the package is available;
- A creative, attention-getting title and a clear description of up to 4,000 characters in length.
Please note: Travel packages may be posted for up to one year on NovaScotia.com. Please ensure your travel packages are renewed in advance of the expiration date as packages are automatically removed from NovaScotia.com after one year.
Offering multiple packages:
By offering multiple packages, operators will offer potential visitors choices, raise awareness of regional activities, and give reasons for visitors to increase their length stay in an area. If you are offering multiple packages they must meet the following criteria:
- Each package must include a unique pairing of transportation, accommodations, meals, tickets, tours or activities/experiences. NOTE: If you are creating packages with the same offering and multiple night options, this is considered one package and the details concerning pricing and night stays should be listed in the conditions section.
- Must include a unique title per package.
- Must include a unique photo per package.
For more information contact Michelle Sears, Digital Marketing Advisor at 902-790-4571 or firstname.lastname@example.org