List Your Tourism Business on NovaScotia.com
As a Nova Scotia tourism operator or manager of one of the following business types, you may be eligible for a business listing on NovaScotia.com at no cost:
- Provincially licensed accommodation
- Provincially licensed campground
- Artisan studio or gallery
- Outdoor businesses (i.e. parks, beaches, golf course, outdoor equipment rental, etc.)
- Tour operator
- Taste of Nova Scotia member restaurants
Accommodation and Campground Licensing
Accommodation operators wishing to participate in Tourism marketing and partnership programs are required to have a valid license under the Tourist Accommodations Act and must demonstrate quality by participating in one of three recognized quality accommodation programs.
How do I get my business listed or add information to my business listing?
You can request a business listing or make additions or edits to your business listing on NovaScotia.com at any time throughout the year by contacting Natalie Craig at firstname.lastname@example.org or 902-798-6921.
What can I submit for my listing on NovaScotia.com?
Operators are encouraged to provide:
- A detailed description about their business (i.e. accommodations and amenities; various tours available, etc.)
- Provide information on the area of the province where you are located
- Include highlights of interest for a visitor that may assist with travel planning.
Photos & Videos
Strong, compelling images and video increase the chance a user will click on your operator listing and purchase your product or service. Website users love visuals – they want to see before they purchase or book. On NovaScotia.com, operator business listings showcase images and video to sell your product and motivate the visitor to book, call or click through to operator websites.
- Minimum of one (1) photo and a maximum of ten (10) per listing.
- All photos must be in .jpg format.
- Ideal photo resolution/quality is 140 dpi and in landscape format.
- Videos must be of your business and show what a visitor will experience.
- Videos must be loaded on YouTube. Please be sure that the YouTube video is open to the public so it can be viewed on the YouTube player on NovaScotia.com.
- We can accept URLs for videos as well as the direct URL for your business’s YouTube channel.
Tourism Nova Scotia staff will crop your photos to ensure the best possible photo is displayed in your listing. Please email all photos and YouTube video URLs for your business listing to email@example.com with your business name in the subject line.
Connect with visitors via social media channels by providing links to you business’ Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Flickr, YouTube, blog, accounts etc. within your operator listing.
Tourism operators using secure online booking engines can have the 'Book now' button appear on their NovaScotia.com business listing that will link directly to their preferred booking system.
To submit updates or for any questions, please contact Natalie Craig at firstname.lastname@example.org or 902-798-6921.
Share customer ratings and reviews on TripAdvisor to help give visitors confidence in choosing your product. Send the ID for your business's TripAdvisor listing to email@example.com to have the TripAdvisor widget added to your listing.
Note: Beginning January 31, 2019, all accommodation and campground operators will be required to provide a TripAdvisor page in order to have their business listed on NovaScotia.com and in the 2020 Doers & Dreamers Guide.