List Your Tourism Business on NovaScotia.com
Nova Scotia tourism operators may be eligible for a free business listing on Tourism Nova Scotia’s consumer website, NovaScotia.com. We list the following business types on NovaScotia.com:
- Provincially licensed accommodation
- Provincially licensed campground
- Artisan studio or gallery
- Outdoor businesses (i.e. parks, beaches, golf course, outdoor equipment rental, etc.)
- Tour operator
- Taste of Nova Scotia member restaurants
Accommodation and Campground Licensing
Accommodation operators who want to participate in Tourism Nova Scotia's marketing and partnership programs are required to have a valid license under the Tourist Accommodations Act and must demonstrate quality by participating in one of three recognized quality accommodation programs.
How do I get my business listed or add information to my business listing?
You can request a business listing or make additions or edits to your business listing on NovaScotia.com at any time throughout the year by contacting Michelle Sears, Digital Marketing Advisor at 902-790-4571 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
What can I submit for my listing on NovaScotia.com?
Your business listing should include a compelling description of your business that highlights your unique selling features and gives visitors a sense of what they can expect from your business. Be sure to include details like your amenities, products you offer, business hours, and points of interest near your business that can help visitors plan their trip.
Photos & Videos
Strong, compelling images and video increase the chance visitors will click on your operator listing and purchase your product or service. People want visuals so they can see what you're offering before they book. NovaScotia.com uses photos and videos to encourage visitors to click through to your business listing.
- Minimum of one (1) photo and a maximum of ten (10) per listing.
- All photos must be in .jpg format.
- Ideal photo resolution/quality is 140 dpi and in landscape format.
- Videos must be of your business and show what a visitor will experience.
- Videos must be loaded on YouTube. Please be sure that the YouTube video is open to the public so it can be viewed on the YouTube player on NovaScotia.com.
- We can accept URLs for videos as well as the direct URL for your business’s YouTube channel.
Tourism Nova Scotia staff will crop your photos to ensure the best possible photo is displayed in your listing. Please email all photos and YouTube video URLs for your business listing to email@example.com with your business name in the subject line.
Encourage visitors to connect on social media by providing links to you business’s Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Flickr, YouTube, blog, etc.
If you are using a secure online booking engine, you can add a “Book Now’ button to your business listing to connect visitors directly with your preferred booking system. Provide a link to your booking engine to have the button added to your listing.
Share customer ratings and reviews on TripAdvisor to help give visitors confidence in choosing your product. Send the ID for your business's TripAdvisor listing to firstname.lastname@example.org to have the TripAdvisor widget added to your listing.
Note: Accommodation and campground operators are required to provide a TripAdvisor page in order to have their business listed on NovaScotia.com and in the Doers & Dreamers Guide.