Tourism Nova Scotia’s social media channels have expanded to include Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, Flickr, and Pinterest. The goal of our social media presence is to increase Nova Scotia’s share in the global online travel conversation and we are always looking for amazing photos and great content to share on social media.
How are we doing?
- With over 229,000 fans and growing, Tourism Nova Scotia’s Facebook page continues to rank among the most engaging Facebook pages in Canada.
- In April 2014, we received a Canadian E-Tourism Award for Best User Generated Content for our work on Instagram.
- NovaScotia.com was ranked as one of the top tourism websites in the world in July 2016 by Skift, a prominent media company based out of New York City that defines global travel trends.
We encourage tourism operators to visit our social networking sites and blogs, to contribute content and get involved in the online conversation! For the chance to be featured, use the following hashtags:
- #VisitNovaScotia: Tag photos of amazing Nova Scotia scenery, adventures, activities, and more
- #NovaScotiaEats: Tag delicious, uniquely Nova Scotian fare and dishes featuring local ingredients made here in Nova Scotia
- #NSLeafWatch: Share your beautiful fall photos of Nova Scotia’s renowned fall colours.
We also encourage our fans to tag Destination Canada in their photo posts by using @ExploreCanada and #ExploreCanada, as well.
Are you a blogger already blogging about Nova Scotia or thinking of starting? If you are interested in contributing as a guest blogger on NovaScotia.com, contact Cynthia Bragg, Digital Marketing Advisor, Social Media at firstname.lastname@example.org or (902) 798-6920.
Tourism Nova Scotia’s consumer social media channels:
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/novascotia
- Flickr: www.flickr.com/groups/novascotiatourism
- Instagram: instagram.com/visitnovascotia
- Nova Scotia Blogs: www.novascotia.com/about-nova-scotia/blogs
- Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/visitnovascotia
- Twitter: twitter.com/visitnovascotia
- YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/novascotiatourism