Thursday, November 12, 2020
To be competitive, a tourism business needs a strong website that makes it easy for people to find out what they offer and make a purchase.
Tourism Nova Scotia’s Website Bootcamp program, offered in partnership with Digital Nova Scotia, will help eligible tourism businesses develop new mobile-friendly websites and learn the skills to maintain and create effective web content.
Selected participants will work with website developers from Boostflow during a two-day workshop to create a new website on the Wix platform or migrate their content and domain from an underperforming website to a new site on Wix. Additional support will be offered through one-on-one virtual meetings.
Components of the workshop will include:
• building and launching a mobile-friendly website
• implementing an online booking system, e-commerce stores and/or online payments
• updating compelling website content
• installing and understanding website analytics
• using a content management system
• basic search engine optimization strategy
• integrating your current website and web security tools
The cost to participate is $150. Interested businesses must apply to participate by Friday, November 27 at 4pm.
Priority will be given to small and medium sized tourism businesses whose primary focus is on attracting and serving travellers.
See the program guidelines and apply online at https://tourismns.ca/website-bootcamp.