As a division of Communities, Culture, Tourism and Heritage, Tourism Nova Scotia works with communities and industry to attract visitors to the province and increase tourism revenues through experience and sector development, business coaching, marketing, and visitor servicing.
We lead tourism marketing and development initiatives to benefit all regions of our province.
Key priorities for the organization include:
- Helping the tourism, events, and creative sectors recover from the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Working with communities and tourism operators and sector organizations to promote Nova Scotia’s unique attractions, cultural experiences, and vibrant communities, building on the assets currently within the department including events, museums, sport and recreation, and cultural offices.
- Delivering effective marketing campaigns with the support of our marketing agency of record that demonstrate our appeal as a destination.
- Key markets: Nova Scotia, Atlantic Canada, Ontario, Quebec, Northeastern United States, United Kingdom, and Germany
- Encouraging year-round tourism to support the viability of businesses and the overall sustainability of our tourism industry.
- Working with businesses to create and promote compelling travel experiences that set Nova Scotia apart as a travel destination. We do this through research, coaching, guides and toolkits, workshops, and programs.