Applications are now open for three Tourism Nova Scotia industry support programs for businesses and organizations.
More than $2 million in funding will provide program participants with a range of opportunities to support their 2021-22 development and marketing efforts. This funding is included in the 2021-22 provincial budget.
"We know the tourism industry has been hard hit by COVID-19," said Labi Kousoulis, Minister of Inclusive Economic Growth and Minister responsible for Tourism Nova Scotia. "These programs will help tourism businesses adapt to the COVID-19 travel environment, maximize opportunities with local and regional markets, develop and execute marketing activities, and adopt digital technologies while lessening their financial burden."
The RADIATE Tourism program, Digital Content Marketing Program and the Tourism Digital Assistance Program have been offered previously, including last year during the pandemic, with strong participation and results. Tourism businesses and organizations can decide which program or programs work best for them and apply accordingly.
Applications open today, April 14. The deadline to apply to the RADIATE Tourism Program and the Digital Content Marketing Program is Wednesday, April 28, and the deadline for the Tourism Digital Assistance Program is Wednesday, May 5.
"We're proud to once again offer these programs to support Nova Scotia's tourism industry. This type of support is much needed as the industry continues to experience the impacts of COVID-19. These programs have proven results - generating sales, awareness and digital adoption for our participants and the industry as a whole."
- Michele Saran, CEO, Tourism Nova Scotia
- the Digital Content Marketing Program helps tourism businesses and organizations create online marketing campaigns and high-quality photos and video assets. The assets are used by both the partner and Tourism Nova Scotia, creating more promotional opportunities for the partner
- the RADIATE Tourism Program provides package development and up to $5,000 in digital marketing support to help tourism businesses and attractions increase appeal to local and Maritime travellers year-round
- the Tourism Digital Assistance Program is offered in partnership with Digital Nova Scotia and offers eligible tourism businesses up to $5,000 in services from digital consultants for things like website development, digital marketing strategy and e-commerce tools
- more details about the entire range of Tourism Nova Scotia programming can be found at: https://tourismns.ca/programs
Media Contact: Zandra Alexander