The Small Tourism Operators Restart Program provides a one-time grant of $5,000 to help tourism businesses that were affected by COVID-19 restrictions. The funding can be used for advertising or other restart expenses like personal protective equipment or cleaning supplies. This program is now closed. The deadline to apply was 23 July 2021.
Businesses are eligible if their main business activity is one or more of the following:
- tour operators
- scenic and sightseeing transportation
- outdoor adventure operators or outfitters
- nature parks, amusement or theme parks, zoos and botanical gardens
- recreational vehicle parks and campgrounds that didn’t qualify for the Tourism Accommodations Real Property Tax Rebate Program Part 1 or Part 2
- travel agencies
Eligible applicants will be identified by their North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) codes and Tourism Nova Scotia’s listings of tourism businesses and attractions.
To qualify, businesses must also:
- be registered as a sole proprietorship, partnership, corporation, society, social enterprise, not-for-profit, charity in business or other similar organization
- employ fewer than 100 employees
- pay the small business tax rate, if incorporated
- be HST registered
Golf clubs and courses aren’t eligible for the program.
Businesses also aren’t eligible if they’ve received funding from any of these programs:
- Tourism Accommodations Real Property Tax Rebate Program Part 1 or Part 2
- Small Business Impact Grant Part 3
- Small Business Tax Rebate Program
- Tourism Sector Financing Assistance Program
Eligible businesses will receive a one-time grant of $5,000.
How to apply
This program is now closed. The deadline to apply was 23 July 2021.