Something about patio season gets people excited to enjoy a meal at a restaurant, especially now during the pandemic when outdoor dining is more appealing. A new grant can help restaurants keep that patio-season feeling going for longer!
The Restaurant Association of Nova Scotia (RANS), with support from ACOA, is offering grants to support the seasonal extension of patios for dine-in restaurants across Nova Scotia.
The Patio Extension Project will assist operators to keep their patios open longer, such as in the fall, sunny days in winter, and an earlier opening in spring. It will offer grants of up to $1,500 to support the extension of patio seasons beyond current operations.
This program will be available across Nova Scotia for eligible restaurants (small, medium, and large) and be distributed fairly across the seven tourism regions of the province.
To be eligible, businesses must:
- Operate a licensed dine-in restaurant in Nova Scotia
- Have an up-to-date patio permit and comply with all municipal/provincial regulations
- Be an extension to your existing patio season
- New patios may also apply and use the funding for an extension only
Eligible projects must be in the specific areas of:
- Overhead awnings/ coverings
- Side walls/ weather buffers and
- Propane/gas/electrical heaters.
Receipts of eligible items may be submitted from January 1, 2021 onward.
- Must fill out an application form – applications are open till July 30, 2021
- Must supply pictures of completed project
- Must supply receipts or paid invoices for items purchased
For questions or additional information contact:
Natasha Chestnut, Association & Marketing Administrator, RANS
natasha@RANS.ca | 902-429-5343 ext. 1