July 10, 2020
Visitor information centres on the Halifax waterfront, Amherst, Peggy's Cove, Port Hastings and Yarmouth have reopened, offering in-person visitor services and trip counselling in ways that are safe for both staff and visitors.
Tourism Nova Scotia encourages Nova Scotians and Atlantic Canadians to get out and safely explore the province. To assist travellers, it is offering a range of trip-planning resources and services.
New safety measures at visitor information centres include installation of plexiglass barriers, signs and guides, and enhanced cleaning protocols.
Additionally, new services offer personalized support while following physical distancing protocols, and include:
- a curbside assistance window to provide counselling, guides, maps and brochures at the Peggy's Cove, Amherst and Port Hastings locations
- an outdoor dispenser with guides and maps
- people can call or email the visitor information centre of their choice to pre-order specific information for outdoor pick up
Tourism Nova Scotia's website, NovaScotia.com, is used by millions of visitors every year to help plan their Nova Scotia vacation. New website features include a wish list function to build a customized itinerary, a mapping tool to show business listings within a specific area, and fresh content including photos, videos, sample itineraries and stories to provide trip planning inspiration.
"Like everyone in the tourism industry, we've had to adapt how we do things this year. We're excited to help Nova Scotians and Atlantic Canadians plan an unforgettable Nova Scotian adventure."
- Michele Saran, CEO, Tourism Nova Scotia
- this year, the Doers and Dreamers Travel Guide is available free online or by mail to Nova Scotians at https://www.novascotia.com/travel-info/travel-guide
- Tourism Nova Scotia's Halifax Stanfield International Airport visitor information centre will delay opening until traffic at the airport increases
- Tourism Nova Scotia's Yarmouth visitor information centre has temporarily relocated to 341 Main St., Yarmouth (Art Gallery of Nova Scotia Yarmouth building)
For visitor information centre locations, hours of operation and contact information visit https://www.novascotia.com/travel-info/visitor-centres
Tourism Nova Scotia's Contact Centre provides year-round trip planning assistance by phone and email. Toll-free number 1-800-565-0000 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Media Contact: Kelli MacDonald