The Seasonal Tourist Business Designation Program provides a reduced tax rate for eligible commercial properties.
Eligible businesses are:
- Restaurants, roofed accommodations, or camping establishments
- Operated by the assessed property owner or their parent, sibling, child, grandchild, or spouse
- Closed for at least four months in the taxation year (April 1 to March 31)
How to Apply:
Application forms can be downloaded from the Property Valuation Services Corporation (PVSC) website, www.pvsc.ca, or requested by contacting PVSC at 1-800-380-7775 or email@example.com.
Submit your application no later than September 1 each year. PVSC does not have any jurisdiction to extend the deadline or accept late applications.
Completed forms can be submitted to PVSC by:
- Mail: Property Valuation Services Corporation, 6 – 15 Arlington Place, Truro NS, B2N 0G9
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax: 1-888-339-4555 (within North America) or 1-902-893-6101 (outside North America)
Businesses must apply for designation every year. A separate application must be completed for each seasonal tourist business.
If you need assistance to complete your application or need additional information, please visit www.pvsc.ca or call PVSC at 1-800-380-7775.