Thursday, May 14, 2020
New funding is available to businesses and organizations across Atlantic Canada through the Government of Canada’s Regional Relief and Recovery Fund (RRRF). The Atlantic Canada Opportunities Agency (ACOA) and the Atlantic Association of Community Business Development Corporations (CBDCs) are distributing the RRRF in Atlantic Canada.
- $66.75 million will be provided through ACOA to support:
- Small and medium-sized businesses that provide products and services to other businesses; and organizations that provide support services to businesses.
- $43.3 million will be provided through the Atlantic Association of CBDCs to support main street businesses such as restaurants and retailers in small, rural and remote communities across the region.
Businesses in sectors that are critical to the resilience and survival of Atlantic Canada’s economy, such as advanced manufacturing, ocean industries, clean growth technology, and tourism, may be given priority.
How to apply
Applications to the RRRF are being accepted under two streams:
- Atlantic Canada Opportunities Agency
Please visit ACOA’s RRRF information page for more information, including application details and frequently asked questions.
- Atlantic Association of Community Business Development Corporations
The CBDC Network is creating a web portal to streamline the application process. Applications will be accepted online at www.cbdc.ca starting May 19, 2020. Please visit CBCD’s RRRF information page for further details.