Tourism Nova Scotia is offering a Spring Tune-up series of webinars each week in April with a lineup of fantastic presenters who will help you freshen up your business and get ready for the peak tourism season.
Get the details about all of the webinars and registration information at https://tourismns.ca/webinar-series.
Package Up with Tourism Nova Scotia
April 22, 2021 at 10am
Promote your business on NovaScotia.com and learn how packaging can help your business stand out to potential visitors.
As the busy travel season approaches, now is a great time to review your online profile to help promote your business to visitors planning their Nova Scotia vacations. Have you updated your business listing, packages, events, or experiences on NovaScotia.com? Is your website up-to-date? What else should you be considering? Michelle Sears, Digital Marketing Advisor at Tourism Nova Scotia, will provide a quick recap of how you can work with Tourism Nova Scotia and market your business on NovaScotia.com.
Judy Lynch, Tourism Development Advisor at Tourism Nova Scotia, will also share tips to help you create compelling packages to attract customers. Gain insights and find resources to help with everything from creating partnerships to pricing and promotion so you can create packages that are the best fit for your ideal customers.
Promoting Health and Safety During Your Spring Ramp-up
April 29, 2021 at 10 am
As tourism businesses prepare to welcome visitors this Spring and Summer, health and safety are top of mind. Join Tourism Nova Scotia and the Tourism Industry Association of Nova Scotia for a webinar presented by Joe Treen, Occupational Health and Safety Director at Safety Services of Nova Scotia. The webinar will review the basics of health and safety and how business leaders can create a safe and welcoming environment for your staff and customers by understanding your obligations, providing training, and clear communication.
The webinar will cover:
- Obligations of employers and where to learn more
- Spring checklists and reviewing your health and safety plan, and orientation of new staff and re-adjusting to the workplace
- Planning communications with customers on-site to ensure continued compliance with COVID safety measures
- Planning for guests completing a two-week self-isolation
- Building confidence by promoting your safety plan to potential customers
- Training and certification available in Nova Scotia for the tourism industry on cleaning practices, including Clean it Right and follow-up audits available through Safety Services of NS
Capturing Great Photos with a Smartphone
May 6, 2021 at 10am
Get expert advice from Dave Culligan, Founder and CEO, threesixfive Media Inc. to capture great photos with a smartphone to market your tourism business. Dave will discuss best practices for planning, shooting, editing, and post-producing photo content by using smart phones and free (or low cost) software and tools.
Learn how to capture and create world-class marketing content while keeping things simple and staying within budget.
- Learn Dave's own story of starting on iphone
- See samples of Dave's iphone photography
- Hear tips for capturing quality photos as well as editing and post-processing
- Learn strategies for how to capture photos for multiple platforms
- Get examples of software and tools
Watch the Recording: Succeeding and Growing your Business in Challenging Times
In case you missed it, watch the recording of the webinar with Matt Matt Symes, CEO, Symplicity Designs. Learn about the key trends coming out of the COVID-19 pandemic and how to identify the opportunities to help your business survive and thrive.